- 1 Also known as
- 2 Classification
- 3 Overview
- 4 Medical usage
- 5 What does it look like?
- 6 Why take it?
- 7 Dosage
- 8 How long do its effects last?
- 9 Pharmacology
- 10 How is it taken?
- 11 Effects
- 12 Risks
- 13 Purity
- 14 Addiction
- 15 Legality
- 16 Harm reduction
- 17 Paraphernalia
- 18 History
- 19 References
Also known as
N-Bomb, 25i, 2-c-i-nbome, 25-I, smiley paper, bom-25, 2c-i-nbome, 25i-nbome
N-bome is a research chemical that changes the senses and alters thoughts. Often sold as LSD, but is much stronger (meaning more potent). 25I N-BOMe (sometimes called 2C-I-N-BOMe) is an extremely powerful psychedelic and euphoriant drug of the phenythylamine class .
WARNING - 2C-I-N-BOMe is sometimes mistaken for 2C-I, a similar but separate substance that is much less potent than N-BOMe. Taking 2C-I size doses of N-BOMe can be fatal .
There is no known medical usage.
What does it look like?
It usually comes in the form of tabs/blotters . N-Bombs were often sold as tiny squares of paper. These tiny squares are commonly called "tabs" or "blotters". Blotters can come in various sizes, shapes, colours and designs.
They were also sold in spray, powder and liquid form .
Why take it?
Sought after effects
Effects are similar to LSD -
- senses become distorted (hallucinogenic),
- changes to time, space and meaning ,
- mental & physical stimulation,
- visual & auditory hallucinations,
- changes to consciousness,
- distortions to senses .
- distortions can be frightening - 'bad trip',
- can negatively affect people who have mental health problems ,
- increased heart rate,
- high blood pressure,
- unpleasant hallucinations,
- panic .
- threshold - 50 - 250 ug,
- light - 200 - 500 ug , ,
- common - 500 - 750 ug , ,
- strong - 700 - 1000 ug+ , .
NOTE - Do not exceed 1500 ug .
- light - 100 - 400 μg,
- common - 400 - 700 μg,
- strong - 700+ μg .
How long do its effects last?
Onset of effects
- all ROA's - 45 - 90 minutes ,
- sublingual - 15 - 45 minutes ,
- insufflated - 0 - 10 minutes .
Duration of effects
25i-nbome has an extremely prevalent tolerance, with users reporting a strong cross tolerance with LSD, mushrooms, 2C-\*, DO\* and other 25\* chemicals. Tolerance lasts roughly 2 weeks depending on the user .
How is it taken?
Swallowed - tabs are swallowed (ingested) . It is reported that N-Bombs don't work if swallowed, so they are usually placed under the tongue or held in the cheeks, where they are absorbed by the lining of the mouth. They can also be sniffed if in their powder form or absorbed via the nose or mouth if a spray form is used.
N-Bombs are very strong, with only a small amount needed to have an effect. The average dose of the N-Bomb 25I-NBOMe is between 0.00005 and 0.0001gram. Because of this it can be easy to overdose if you are using the powder or liquid forms of N-Bombs .
As a powder it has been snorted up the nose, although this method is strongly advised against as there are some reports that this route of administration may have led to some deaths. In liquid form it may used on blotter paper and placed under the tongue or held in the cheeks to be absorbed through the lining of the mouth. The liquid may also be used in spray form and inhaled via the nose or mouth .
The effects of N-Bombs can last between six and ten hours and include -
- feeling of euphoria (intense happiness) and love/empathy,
- mental and physical stimulation,
- a pleasant or positive change in consciousness,
- unusual body sensations .
A positive trip can make you feel happy, euphoric and relaxed. A negative or bad trip can make users feel tense, nervy and confused. You might even experience unpleasant and scary hallucinations .
Other effects -
- during a time and your movements can appear speeded up or slower down. Colours, objects and sound can appear very differently to normal,
- feeling tired, anxious, panicky and depressed,
- trips can feed off your imagination - so if you're unhappy or nervous it can make these feelings a lot worse .
- strong open and closed eye visuals, including trails, colour shifts, brightening, etc.,
- mood lift,
- mental and physical stimulation,
- increase in associative & creative thinking,
- increased awareness & appreciation of music,
- life-changing spiritual experiences,
- erotic, sexual thoughts and sensations,
- feelings of love and empathy .
- general change in consciousness,
- pupil dilation,
- difficulty focusing,
- unusual body sensations (facial flushing, chills, goosebumps, body energy),
- change in perception of time, time dilation,
- slight increase in heart rate,
- yawning, especially when coming up .
Likelihood of negative side-effects increases with higher doses.
- scrambled communication,
- looping, recursive, out of control thinking,
- paranoia, fear, and panic,
- unwanted and overwhelming feelings,
- unwanted life-changing spiritual experiences .
- an afterglow may be present until a day after use, sometimes more depending on the individual.
- long term effects
The effects can last between six and ten hours and include -
- feelings of confusion and paranoia,
- insomnia, this is where someone finds it very hard to fall asleep or to stay asleep for a normal amount of time,
- feeling sick and nauseous,
- body tremors and shaking .
Doctors who have treated people who have taken N-Bombs have reported the following common effects/risks -
- increased heart rate and blood pressure, which can put pressure on your heart and circulation system and in extreme cases can lead to heart failure,
- agitation and aggression,
- you may see and hear things that aren't there (known as hallucinations),
- some people might have seizures and a fever or high body temperature .
N-Bombs are very powerful, with only a small amount needed to have an effect. For example, the average dose of the N-Bomb 25I-NBOMe is between 0.000050 and 0.0001gram. Because of this it can be easy to overdose if you are using the powder or liquid forms of NBOMe.
Aggression, seizures, significant risk of overdose - these compounds are extremely potent and only a very small amount is needed to have an effect, therefore there is a very high risk of overdose in powder and liquid form. There have been a number of deaths reported as a result of overdose and also from accidents while under the influence .
FRANK is not aware of N-Bombs being 'cut' or mixed with other substances. However, with 'legal highs' like N-Bombs, you can never really be sure what you're buying contains what it says it does .
Can you get addicted
N-Bombs are relatively new drugs to the market so currently there's very little information about their addictiveness. Although we know that hallucinogens tend not to be addictive no-one knows for sure whether or not N-Bombs can be addictive .
At present they're illegal to have, give away or sell -
- possession could get you up to seven years in jail and/or an unlimited fine,
- supplying someone else, including your friends, could result in serious heavy jail time sentence, between a minimum of eight years and a life sentence and/or an unlimited fine .
What if you're caught?
If the Police arrest you in possession of N-Bombs, they'll always take some action. This could include a formal caution, arrest and prosecution.
A conviction for a drug related offence could have a serious impact. It could make it harder, even impossible, to visit certain countries - for example the United States - and limit the types of jobs you can apply for .
Did you know?
- Like drinking and driving, driving while under the influence of drugs is illegal - with some drugs you can still be unfit to drive the day after using. You can get a heavy fine, be disqualified from driving or even go to prison.
- Allowing other people to supply drugs in your house or any other premises is illegal. If the police catch people supplying illegal drugs in a club they can potentially prosecute the landlord, club owner or any person concerned in the management of the premises .
As 25I N-BOMe is one of the newer phenythylamines, very little is known about its potential long-term effects or risks associated with regular use. Currently, not even the LD50 is known. As a result, users should exercise extreme caution when taking it .
- 25I N-BOMe/2C-I-N-BOMe is known to be at least 16 times more active than 2C-I, and should only ever be taken at microgram (µg) levels, not milligram (mg) levels as you would with 2C-I,
- if it is in pure powder form, small breezes, accidental inhalation, or touching the eyes or mouth after handling could result in full-blown effects or dangerous overdoses, so handle with extreme caution,
- due to its potency, 25I-NBOMe blotter paper must be lightly chewed on within the mouth for a maximum of 10 - 20 minutes and never immediately swallowed,
- when dealing with such tiny quantities, it is incredibly easy to overdose when snorting, so this method is strongly advised against .
NBOMes are considered less safe than many psychedelics due their heavy physical effects on the body, and as recreational dosages tend to overlap with what have been fatal dosages. Even so, many reports of death by an NBOMe chemical involve mislabeling of the drug, sometimes by the distributor (example - someone insufflates 20mg of 25I-NBOMe because he/she thought it was 2C-I). Mislabeling or misweighing can easily lead to extrememely dangerous, sometimes lethal, situations. Administration of an NBOMe in its powder form (either insufflated or otherwise) is strongly discouraged, as the potency is far greater than the accuracy of most scales.
Furthermore, due to the physical strain the drug causes one should not use it if there are any pre-existing heart conditions .
25I N-BOMe was first synthesised in 2003 by Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin and was published as part of his PhD dissertation.
There was virtually no recorded history of human use prior to 2010, when it first became popular due its ease of purchase from online research chemical vendors .
- 25I N-BOMe, 2017, http://www.release.org.uk/drugs/25i-n-bome
- N-bomb, 2017, http://www.talktofrank.com/drug/n-bomb#aka=25I-NBOMe
- NBOMe Compounds, 2014, http://www.dan247.org.uk/Drug_NBOMeCompounds.asp
- 25I N-BOMe, 2017, http://drugs.tripsit.me/25i-nbome
- NBOMes, 2017, https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/NBOMes